Th 7/30/26
Th 7/30/26
655am (GB: 6/ Durban Poison). 740am (LB: 5/ Durban Poison). 920am (GB: 4/ Red Congolese). 1135am (GB: Durban Poison). 115pm (5-B: Red Congolese). 430pm (GB : 5/ Red Congolese). 535pm (GB: 6/ Durban Poison). 820pm (GB: 6/ Red Congolese).
Up 6am: Sunny to partly cloudy with temps to mid 80's.
For the past several days there's been activity in the house next door. The AC is sometimes running and there is a light in the basement late at night. I can hear sawing and tool noise during the day. I don't recognize either of the two guys that seem to be working. It seems they begin very early; 7am. Is someone living in the house?
Watched 'THE HOUSEMAID' (Kanopy). A naive young woman becomes a nanny for a rich family. She has an affair with the husband, becomes pregnant, and his wife and mother in law force her to have an abortion. The young woman hangs herself from a chandelier and then she bursts into flames. I didn't get the film and will watch at least one YouTube review to see what I have missed. From AI Mode- ""The upper class views the working class as commodities to be used and discarded". "The maids believe they can gain leverage through sex or pregnancy, but are crushed by systemic wealth. The wealthy remain completely unaffected by the tragedies they cause to the lower classes." That's about what I got out of it. "68" Metascore and I would boost that to "81".
9am- 905am: Call Janny; The doctor said that the radiation treatments haven't caused negative symptoms and she should just feel tired. It's too early to judge how successful the treatments have been. I said I'd be over tomorrow morning and I would text before I left. She doesn't need anything...9995 Salisbury Rd, Pleasant Plains.
Watched 'MEXICO 86' (Netflix). A 'sports film' about how Mexico hosted the World Cup in 1986. Although the film is a dramedy, it seems like whoever gets to host the real World Cup is completely corrupt. Whoever pays the most gets the prize. I shut it down with 45" left to go, and if I don't finish it I will lose no sleep; a shade too mediocre.
The PC is 'Off' and the plan is to do a shorter walk in the park and do more on the treadmill later. It's such a nice day.
1140am- 105pm: To Washington Park...Fairway, Greenview, Parkview, Wash.Pk northside, MacArthur, Wash.Pk southside, Douglas, Leland, Lincoln, Laurel, Wiggins, Wash.Pk southside, up the hill, Parkview, Kenyon, and down to 940...ONE HOUR AND 25 MINUTES; DAVID BOWIE- 'The Man Who Sold The World'; audiobook 'MONEY LIES AND GOD'.
Finished 'THE FAMILY ARSENAL' & began rereading 'THE PARABLE OF THE SOWER'
435pm: THREE MILES AT 4.1 PACE AND ZERO SLANT; began a 'WE MIGHT BE DRUNK'.
540pm: In the tub with 'THE PARABLE OF THE SOWER' and listening to DINOSAUR JR- 'Bug'; THE DIRT BOMBS Playlist.
When I opened the downstiars PC I got a prompt to 'restart'; it took five minutes and no discernible difference.
More 'WE MIGHT BE DRUNK'- just Mark & Sam
More 'MAN ON FIRE' (Netflix), The scenes of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil were breathtaking. Rio is one of the few cities in the world where the poorest of homes sit far up on the high ground and look down upon the homes of the rich. I shut it down 34 minutes into the fourth episode.
***
Make Google Map read directions
************
AMERICA OUR DEFINING HOURS (Netflix).
WORST EX EVER (Netflix).
*****
Watch 'NIGHTMARES & DREAMS' (Netflix)
"Two Little Hitlers"..."Bowing and squatting, running after tidbits, Bobbing and squinting just like a nitwit".
Visit Hyundai for theft protection software
Ask AI Mode- strong lax
Ask AI Mode about 'elderly care preparations'
Put 'Cheese Stands' onto memory sticks.
Buy area rug downstairs- 3 ft X 8 ft / standing lamp (LR)/ plastic drain cap (front lawn)/ hat/ tablecloth
Put 'GIRL IN A BAND' memoir of Kim Gordon on hold at the library
'LOSER' & 'THE RESTRAINT' (2008- Australia) on Tubi
Get books Ishiguro & Forster
***
Take out as an eBook from the library: 'BLOOD, BONE, AND MARROW' a biography of Harry Crews.
MAFIA MOST WANTED
Blood clotting disease- Factor V Leiden Ryan Sickler
Make an appointment with Dax for 2027
Call Green 'anti-theft software'/ Hook Google Maps
diamond cbd.com- How do their disposable vapes work?
Use 'Binge Pass' at Hoopla
resulthunter.com
***
Watch 'MY BROOKLYN' (Kanopy).
Watch 'TWILIGHT' {'SZURKULI'} by Gyorgy Feher on Kanopy.
Tighten chair- Allen wrench?
***
Bolt AI
Borrow eBook 'PROJECT HAIL MARY' Andy Weir
Val Mcdermid- Scottish crime author
***
Esporta (217) 801-9007: the guy said that it depended on how many people were in the club and using the Wi-Fi. Nobody has considered beefing up the signal.
***
'ALL THINGS FAIR' (Tubi)
Borrow 'QUICKSILVER' by Neal Stephenson from Lincoln Library
Check Ancestry
Sa 2/15/25- EMT'S & Next Door {old lady}
Begin 'CITY OF SHADOWS' (Netflix).
"Writing is rewriting"
ZOROASTRIANISM- 'Zaw-rw-a-stre-uh-ni-zm'
"Happiness is to continue to desire what we already have"....St. Augustine
"One trillion seconds is 31,700 years. One billion seconds is 31 and a half years and a million seconds is only 11 and a half days."
Comments
Post a Comment