Su 10/4/26- Serious Computer Problem/ Power Outage
Su 10/4/26- Serious Computer Problem/ Power Outage
930am (5-LB: Green Crack). 1250pm (GB: 5/ Green Crack- I cleaned the GB & will use it without H20). 535pm (GB: 5/ Maui Wowie). 845pm (GB: 5/ Maui Wowie).
Up 7am: Lots of sunshine and temps to upper 70's.
Weekly Cleaning and I had planned to trim the tree in front because branch pickup is next week for my area (I think; conflicting reports on the internet). After looking at the situation I think I'll call in the professionals. Maybe they can take care of the broken limb that hangs over my driveway because that needs attention before the winter. I'd like to trim the branches that hang over the street and this would require a ladder and that seems like a recipe for disaster if I attempted it.
I wrote an email to Joe about the upcoming colonoscopy, but I haven't sent the note because I feel like I'm asking for emotional charity. I don't know exactly what my relationship is. Most of this is probably in my head, but just how much? I'm going to watch a movie and then get back to it.
***The PC 'Blinked', and this was major. It lost the connection for several seconds. It happened when I was listening to Amazon Music and also using Amazon Prime to watch a movie. I am hoping that it needs one time to 'cement the connection'....Dream On.
***Yes! Something is very wrong. Now a complete blackout for several seconds even on NPR Classical. Maybe it's connected to when the screen saver engages? I think the smartest move would be to replace the PC. The problem is too difficult and it would be cheaper to just replace the computer. He should be able to hook it up in an hour, but to diagnose and then replace could run much more. For days it hasn't happened (one time the day of the installation) and today I'm afraid of a total shut down.
SCREENSAVER- this must be part of the problem. I couldn't shut it off, but it is now set to come on after '990 minutes'. This seems to help; no interruptions since then.
Watched 'IS GOD IS' (Amazon Prime). The film is based on a play by the writer/director Aleshea Harris. A man attacks his wife and then sets her on fire in the bathtub. Her small daughters are disfigured trying to put out the flames. On mom's deathbed she tells them that she wants them to kill Dad..."make your daddy dead. real dead". "83" Metascore and I would only go to "79". An ad for a lawyer: "Slip n' fall or a lady brawl- Give me a call". The movie was filmed in New Orleans and the rural community of Bush, Louisiana.
First I have to post the email to Joe and this can't be as big a deal as I am making it.
The girls across the street have put up a volleyball net in their front lawn. They're both teenagers now and I still remember the 'drive-by' COVID birthday parties.
1235pm: The PC is 'Off' and the plan is to workout at Planet Fitness and then hit Schnucks for beer & soda.
110pm: To Planet Fitness...45"Cross, 45"Treadmill, 20"Recumbent Bike, 25"Cross.. TWO HOURS AND 15 MINUTES; watched 'UNABOMBER' (Netflix)- Ted as philosopher & he only wanted to make the world a better place; began an 'ALLEGEDLY' (Netflix)- Mom kills hubby by fentanyl overdose & writes a kids book about dealing with grief.
Schnucks: $38.09- Hamms, Sunkist Zero, 2 bottles Diet Squirt.
4pm- 415pm: Joe called and all is good. He talked about getting rid of Janny's clutter. He will handle the colostomy babysitting, but I'm still going to ask the nurse what would happen if I had no one.
Reading 'EASILY SLIP INTO ANOTHER WORLD'
540pm: In the tub with 'EASILY SLIP INTO ANOTHER WORLD' and listening to IF Playlist; BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS- First 2 albums).
***650pm- 750pm: Power Outage...total blackout while in the tub. Westview was black as the inside of your head. Xfinity text that they had an outage due to power failure and I'd be back online by 10pm, but I'm online at 8pm on the phone.
What a fucked day. Computer problems upstairs that weren't solved with the new tv. I am expecting problems with the upstairs PC tomorrow and an hour long power outage right in the middle of my prime time. And, Amazon Music is not using the '3 dots' anymore to put albums in a playlist. Why did they do that? What the fuck! And, tomorrow begins the opening gambit for the colonoscopy.
A little more of the JOSH HOMME interview with RICK BEATO.
More 'ELITE FORCE' (Netflix). I shut it down 24 minutes into episode #5. Did the GIGN boss really get his best friend and the little girl killed? The bad guy said the boss man ran out and slammed shut the blast proof door that sealed in the girl and his best friend (he's not related to the new kid on the team).
****
Call tree trimmers for an estimate.
0012 PASSKEY LINK CHASE {folders in gmail}
Check out 'the loneliness economy'
Watch 'THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY' (Pluto)
TAXES!!!- Locate receipt; checking; DONE
***
Tu 9/1/26 "Stop breeding and get a real job"- Nextdoor
Buy coffee bean grinder
Buy Converse
Make Google Maps read directions
"Two Little Hitlers"..."Bowing and squatting, running after tidbits, Bobbing and squinting just like a nitwit".
Visit Hyundai for theft protection software
Buy area rug downstairs- 3 ft X 8 ft / standing lamp (LR)/ plastic drain cap (front lawn)/ hat/ tablecloth
Put 'GIRL IN A BAND' memoir of Kim Gordon on hold at the library
'LOSER' & 'THE RESTRAINT' (2008- Australia) on Tubi
Morris Levy 'The Octopus' Roulette Records
Take out as an eBook from the library: 'BLOOD, BONE, AND MARROW' a biography of Harry Crews.
Make an appointment with Dax for 2027
Call Green 'anti-theft software'/ Hook Google Maps
Use 'Binge Pass' at Hoopla
resulthunter.com
Tighten chair- Allen wrench?
Bolt AI
Sa 2/15/25- EMT'S & Next Door {old lady}
"Writing is rewriting"
ZOROASTRIANISM- 'Zaw-rw-a-stre-uh-ni-zm'
"Happiness is to continue to desire what we already have"....St. Augustine
"One trillion seconds is 31,700 years. One billion seconds is 31 and a half years and a million seconds is only 11 and a half days."
Comments
Post a Comment